Motorola Moto Z2 Force 64GB 6GB RAM Single SIM - Super Black
Now that there are five tiers of Moto smartphones for folks to choose from (6, if you include the Asia-specific Moto M), we have been introduced to the highest tier of smartphone that Motorola has to offer: The Moto Z2 Force.
While it is the best in Moto's portfolio, it's certainly doesn't mean it has the newest hardware. In fact, the Moto Z2 Force is almost exactly the same as its predecessors with the exception of a few internal improvements, hardware upgrades, and a couple of cosmetic differences. The Z2 Force has inherited the Z Force's Shatter Shield durability, and has gotten slimmer like the Moto Z. The downside is, the slimmer Z2 Force has lost 22% of the battery capacity (2,730 mAh) compared to the Moto Z Force Droid (3,500 mAh).
The camera certainly gets an upgrade: dual 12MP sensors. Motorola has never been known for having excellent cameras in its smartphones, so we do hope things will be different with the new dual-setup. This system doesn't use a telephoto lens like the iPhone 7 or OnePlus 5. Rather, one RGB sensor combines with the information from another black and white sensor.
The Z2 Force keeps the same MotoMod interface from its first generation (hence, the identical design), which means all the MotoMod toys that were purchased during the first-generation Moto Z can be used with the second generation (and vice-versa).
Moto Z2 Force key features:
- Body: 7000 series aluminum frame and brushed metal backside
- Screen: 5.5" QHD P-OLED display with ShatterShield (plastic lens instead of glass)
- OS: Android 7.1.1 Nougat with Moto Enhancements (Moto Blur)
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 835, 10nm: octa-core CPU (4 - 2.35 GHz Kryo cores & 4 - 1.9 GHz Kryo cores) Adreno 540 GPU
- Memory: 4/6GB of RAM, 64/128GB of storage, microSD expandable nanoSIM tray
- Camera: Dual 12MP, f/2.0, laser & PDAF, dual-tone LED flash, 1.25 Âµm pixel size
- Secondary camera: 5MP fixed focus with f/2.2 and dual-tone (dual) LED flash
- Video: 4K video @ 30fps, 1080p @ 60fps, 1080 @ 30fps
- Connectivity: nanoSIM (dualSIM available); Qualcomm X16 model capable of Gigabit LTE; dual-band Wi-Fi ac; Bluetooth 4.2 (5.0 support via OTA), USB-C
- Battery: Integrated 2,730 mAh battery
- Misc: NFC, Fingerprint sensor, MotoMod interface